Exciting opportunity for pre-accredited educators
The Adult Literacy and Numeracy Practitioners Program (ALNPP) is a professional development program for pre-accredited educators keen to improve their knowledge and skills in adult literacy and numeracy practice. The program implements an important part of the ACFE Board’s Strategy 2020 – 2025.
The ALNPP was developed by Adult Learning Australia (ALA) and Adult and Community Education Victoria (ACEVic). Nineteen highly skilled and experienced literacy and numeracy practitioners have been recently trained to deliver the ALNPP to their peers in Learn Local providers across the state. The nineteen separately run programs will be run at different dates and times and will all finish by November 2020.
What is the Adult Literacy and Numeracy Practitioners Program?
This is an exciting opportunity for a select group of Learn Local practitioners to invest in their learning. The ALNPP takes around 20 hours to complete and comprises a series of linked modules that include:
- Unpacking adult literacy and numeracy theory and putting it into practice
- Using the Pre-accredited Quality Framework and the Australian Core Skills Framework
- Trauma-informed practice and addressing learning difficulties
- Maximising your impact for adults with low literacy and numeracy.
- Opportunities to share ideas and approaches with other practitioners that will benefit everyone’s learning
- Access to a bank of resources practitioners will be able to use in your pre-accredited programs
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services is proud to be delivering this program to our peers.
Djerriwarrh is offering a payment of $1,000 to Learn Local organisations to cover the cost of one staff member participating in this training.
Practitioner: Natalie Nawrocki
Mode: Online delivery
Details: All sessions run 10-11am
|Orientation session||Friday 28 August|
|Discussion & reflection sessions||Friday 4 September|
|Friday 18 September|
|Friday 2 October|
|Friday 16 October|
To participate, practitioners will need access to a computer and the internet to access the learning management system and resources provided.
How to participate
To express your interest in participating in this program please contact Djerriwarrh as soon as possible on (03) 8746 1073 or [email protected]