Values & Democratic Principles
We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
We treat all people fairly and equally.
We are welcoming and put people first.
We respond to individual and community needs in a creative and flexible way.
We take responsibility for our decisions and follow through on our commitments.
Djerriwarrh supports and promotes:
- the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a democratically elected government, and the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance
Keeping children and young people safe
Djerriwarrh recognises the importance of keeping children safe:
- Djerriwarrh is committed to child safety and all staff, volunteers and board members have a responsibility to prevent child abuse and respond appropriately to allegations.
- Djerriwarrh is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all children and young people from all cultures and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those with a disability.