Values & Democratic Principles
We provide a safe and supportive environment.
We treat all people fairly and equally.
We welcome all and put people first.
We respond to individual and community needs in creative and flexible ways.
We take responsibility for our decisions and follow through on our commitments.
Djerriwarrh supports and promotes:
- the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a democratically elected government, and the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance
Keeping children and young people safe
Djerriwarrh recognises the importance of keeping children safe:
- Djerriwarrh is committed to child safety and all staff, volunteers and board members have a responsibility to prevent child abuse and respond appropriately to allegations.
- Djerriwarrh is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all children and young people from all cultures and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those with a disability.