The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is an alternative option to VCE for students to complete Years 10, 11 and 12. VCAL is open to young people aged 15 to 19 years of age.
Limited places are available. Please contact the College to discuss enrolment.
The VCAL program at Djerriwarrh Community College includes:
- Personal Development Skills
- Work Related Skills
- Industry Specific Skills (VET)
235 Station Road, Melton
1st February 2021 – November 5th 2021
4 days per week + VET component
9:15am – 2:45pm
VCAL – Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning
The VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning) is a hands-on option for Year 11 and 12 students, offering practical work-related experience and learning. Like the VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education), VCAL is an accredited secondary certificate.
When you complete the VCAL there are several career options, including: transferring to the VCE certificate; going to TAFE; doing an apprenticeship or traineeship; or starting a job.
Choosing VCAL studies
With help from your VCAL teacher, you will be advised on the units from the following four compulsory strands that meet your needs and interest:
- Literacy and numeracy skills: each VCAL program must include literacy and numeracy subjects. These can be selected from VCAL literacy units and VCAL numeracy units.
- Industry specific skills: the VCAL program at the intermediate level includes components of nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) programs. You may also take on a school-based apprenticeship as part of your VCAL program.
- Work related skills: units in work related skills develop the skills that will assist you to be employable. VCAL gives you the opportunity to undertake a structured work placement, a school based apprenticeship or part-time work, as part of a VCAL program.
- Personal development skills: as part of the VCAL program you will take part in projects and activities in the community to help develop teamwork skills, self-confidence and other skills important for life and work.
Download the Student/Parent Handbook here: VCAL Student/Parent Handbook 2021
Click here to see careers and pathways data for Djerriwarrh’s 2020 Senior graduating VCAL students: 2020 Careers and Pathways Data Seniors
VCAL is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding subject to eligibility requirements.
If you are interested in this course click https://djerriwarrh.org.au/contact/