Complaints and Appeals

Complaints and Appeals

How to lodge a complaint or appeal?

Djerriwarrh will treat any complaint or appeal seriously and confidentially. We use discussion and conciliation to help find a speedy resolution. To read more about our approach, download the Participant Complaints and Appeals Policy.

Steps for lodging a complaint or appeal:

  1. Discuss your complaint or appeal with a staff member who will refer it to the relevant Manager or Coordinator. The Manager or Coordinator will contact you to discuss the problem and help you resolve it.
  2. If the complaint or appeal is not resolved, you will need to record it in writing using the Complaint Form and/or Appeal Form.
  3. Return the completed form to Reception in an envelope or email it to [email protected]. You will be contacted within 2 working days to acknowledge the complaint or appeal. Djerriwarrh will record your complaint or appeal in the Complaints/Appeals Register.
  4. The Manager will contact you in a timely manner and you will be given the opportunity to formally present your case. Djerriwarrh will document any necessary steps or action taken to resolve the complaint or appeal and its resolution.
  5. If the complaint or appeal is still not resolved, the CEO  will be approached to act as arbitrator. You may bring a support person to subsequent discussions.
  6. You will be notified in writing of the result of the outcomes including reasons for the decision. If there is still no resolution, you may take your complaint or appeal to an appropriate external body for assistance.

Details for the National Training Complaints Hotline are as follows:


Phone: 13 38 73 (please select option 4), 8:00am – 6:00pm local time Monday to Friday – except Public Holidays

The National Training Complaints Hotline uses the services of the Translating and Interpreting Service and National Relay Service.

Details for the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) are as follows:


Phone: 9637 2806

You can complete an online form or write a letter to Manager Complaints Unit, VRQA, GPO Box 2317, Melbourne, VIC,3001