- Highly regarded not-for-profit organisation
- Progressive, enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
- 1 full-time position in Melton
- 1 sessional position for evening class in Sunshine
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not-for-profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is ‘empowering individuals and local communities to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh has an inclusive, collaborative workplace culture.
Djerriwarrh delivers a range of accredited training including the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) funded by the Department of Home Affairs.
AMEP assists participants to develop settlement and language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, to enable them to participate more effectively in the Australian community, further training or employment.
We are seeking a suitably qualified English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teacher/Assessor.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and upgrade (TAEASS502 and TAELLN411 or equivalent)
And one of the following:
- A four-year Bachelor of Education, with TESOL as a method
- A Bachelor degree plus a Master of Teaching with TESOL as a method
- A Bachelor degree plus Graduate Diploma of Education with TESOL as a method
- An initial teacher education qualification plus a postgraduate qualification that includes a 22-day supervised teaching practicum in TESOL, such as a:
- Graduate Certificate in Education (TESOL)
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Master of TESOL/Master of Applied Linguistics/Master of Arts (TESOL)
- Knowledge and the application of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Knowledge and the application of the EAL Framework
For a position description and information on how to apply please click on the following links:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
Closing date: 12:00pm Tuesday 21 June 2022
Djerriwarrh actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.