EAL Teacher & Assessor (Casual)
- Highly regarded not-for-profit organisation
- Progressive, enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
- Casual position
- Based in Melton, Sunshine and/or Ballarat
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not-for-profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is ‘empowering individuals and local communities to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh has an inclusive, collaborative workplace culture.
The Djerriwarrh Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Business unit delivers a range of accredited training including the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) funded by the Department of Home Affairs and Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program funded by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations, and the Skills First program funded through the Department of Education and Training, Victoria State Government (or full fee paying clients).
The EAL programs/courses assist participants develop settlement and language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, with the expectation that such improvements will enable them to participate more effectively in the Australian community, further training or the labour force.
- We are seeking suitably qualified English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teachers and Assessors
- Demonstrated skills in contextualised and innovative LLN teaching, including embedding employability skills.
- Demonstrated skills in learner analysis and course planning in response to individual needs of diverse learner groups.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse student groups in an adult learning environment.
- Demonstrated active contribution to program/course compliance and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience working with a relevant LLN curriculum.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team of teachers and/or PTA/IA assessors, administration and leadership staff.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 (or its successor) or TAELLN401A, and
- TAEASS502 (or its successor) or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B or
- a diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
And one of the following:
- A four-year Bachelor of Education, with TESOL as a method
- A bachelor’s degree plus a Master of Teaching with TESOL as a method
- A bachelor’s degree plus Graduate Diploma of Education with TESOL as a method
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree plus a postgraduate TESOL qualification at AQF 8 or above that includes a 22- day supervised teaching practicum in TESOL, such as a:
- Graduate Certificate in Education (TESOL)
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma of Education with a TESOL method
- Master of TESOL/Master of Applied Linguistics/Master of Arts (TESOL)
For a position description and information on how to apply please click on the following links:
Applications must include a cover letter, an address to the Key Selection Criteria and a current resume. Applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be contacted.
Closing date: 5:00pm Friday 1 December 2023
Djerriwarrh actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.