- Highly regarded not-for-profit organisation
- Short term, part time contract or consultant role
- Flexible role – can be done from home
- Remuneration negotiable
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not-for-profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is ‘empowering individuals and local communities to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh has an inclusive, collaborative workplace culture.
Djerriwarrh is beginning the process of modernising our HR systems and processes. This is an exciting time for Djerriwarrh as we take the next step in improving our employee experience.
We are seeking an experienced HR Consultant to be involved in the review and upgrade of our overall HR function. This is an opportunity for someone who can provide up to date advice and input into the operational direction for the HR function and assist in the rollout of our new HR system, ELMO. Once a roadmap for improvements to end to end HR activities is developed, the HR Consultant will assist to recruit and mentor a HR Coordinator to take over the day to day operation of our HR function.
This is a short term, part time role to complete this specific piece of work. The work can be completed flexibly. The role could be done from home (after the initial consultation period), or it could be done in our Melton or Sunshine locations. Mentoring of the HR Coordinator would need to be done on site, preferably at Melton.
Applicants need to have an ABN and to be able to invoice Djerriwarrh.
What you’ll deliver:
Provide up to date advice for the review and upgrade of Djerriwarrh’s HR systems and processes including:
- Developing a roadmap detailing HR operational needs across the business
- Reviewing Employment Contract templates
- Reviewing Position Description templates
- Reviewing Performance Review process
- Reviewing all other HR and WHS policies and procedures including any associated forms
- Assisting with the rollout of ELMO
- Recruiting and mentoring a HR Coordinator to take over day to day HR operations
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Extensive Human Resources management experience, ideally across multiple organisations
- Tertiary level qualifications in Human Resources or a related area
Please click on the link below for instructions on how to apply. For further information about this opportunity please contact Stacey (03) 8746 1000.
Applications must include a cover letter detailing experience delivering the above activities and include a current resume. Anticipated start date for this project is October 2023.
Closing date: 12:00pm Friday 6 October 2023
Djerriwarrh actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.