EAL Teacher & Assessor
- Highly regarded not-for-profit organisation
- Progressive, enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- Attractive Salary Packaging available
- Various positions including contract, sessional, CRT and evening classes
- Based in Melton, Sunshine, Burnside and Caroline Springs
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not-for-profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is ‘empowering individuals and local communities to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh has an inclusive, collaborative workplace culture.
The Djerriwarrh Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Business unit delivers a range of accredited training including the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) funded by the Department of Home Affairs and Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program funded by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations, and the Skills First program funded through the Department of Education and Training, Victoria State Government (or full fee paying clients).
The EAL programs/courses assist participants develop settlement and language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, with the expectation that such improvements will enable them to participate more effectively in the Australian community, further training or the labour force.
- We are seeking suitably qualified English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teachers and Assessors, and
- A suitably qualified English/Chinese bilingual English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teacher and Assessor.
- A four-year Bachelor of Education, with TESOL as a method
- A Bachelor degree plus a Master of Teaching with TESOL as a method
- A Bachelor degree plus Graduate Diploma of Education with TESOL as a method
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree plus a postgraduate TESOL qualification at AQF or above that includes a 22- day supervised teaching practicum in TESOL, such as a:
- Graduate Certificate in Education (TESOL)
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Graduate Diploma of Education with a TESOL method
- Master of TESOL / Master of Applied Linguistics / Master of Arts (TESOL)
And one of the following:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and upgrade (TAEASS502 and TAELLN411 or equivalent)
- Knowledge and the application of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Knowledge and the application of the EAL Framework
For a position description and information on how to apply please click on the following links:
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
Closing date: 10:00am Monday 7 August 2023
Djerriwarrh actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.